The mission of the Winship Community School is to improve the academic achievement of children in Sutter County and adjacent counties. The mission will be accomplished through a virtual and project based curriculum model that emphasizes hands on and experiential learning, which focuses on meeting individual students’ needs, while helping them become proficient at the California Common Core State Standards (CCSS) and California Content Standards (CCS), including Next Generation Science Standards for their grade level.
Schoolwide Learner Outcomes
At Winship Community School, we have goals for our students that are known as Schoolwide Learner Outcomes (SLOs). SLOs are a part of our school culture: they reflect our school vision, the College and Career Readiness standards, and the education of the whole child.
Winship Students Are:
- Navigators of the Digital World - Navigators of the digital world who are proficient in the use of technology, media, and online resources.
- Self-Directed - Self-directed and motivated students who are able to set attainable goals to achieve academic success.
- Personalized Learners - Personalized learners who are able to thrive in the style of education that best fits their individual needs.
- Independent Critical Thinkers - Independent critical thinkers who have the ability to problem solve, take ownership, and apply their knowledge to a variety of problems.
- Responsible Citizens - Responsible citizens who demonstrate integrity and respect while actively seeking knowledge of local and global issues.
- Effective Communicators - Effective communicators who can thoughtfully articulate their thinking with confidence while collaborating with peers.